Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Traditional quilt out of antique blocks

A woman brought me some real old quilt blocks that she had been given and wanted them made into a traditional style quilt.  They were quite ugly with pre-60's fabrics in weird colors and I didn't know for sure what I was going to be able to do with them so just laid them out and followed my instincts.  They were 16 patch blocks and quite uneven because they had not been constructed with precision so I cut them into 4 sections and squared them up.  Then I added the brown & white polka dot sashing (because it was the only thing that seemed to calm those blocks down) and then bordered it with a blue that would compliment the blues in some of the blocks.  I think it worked.  I hope she likes it.  She paid for it.  :)  Since it's not my quilt to keep I'm not going to name it.




No comments:

Post a Comment